Join the Community Advocacy Network in petitioning the Florida State House against the passage of bills HB 302 and SB 722. Sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/vote-no-on-hb-203-and-sb-722.
If you are a homeowner in a community association, these bills will increase the fees and assessments levied against you in the following ways:
- HB 203, known as the Home Tax, would raise homeowner association fees statewide anywhere from 10 to 20 percent.
- HB 203 also shifts the cost of preparation of an estoppel letter for the sale of a new home from the buyer and seller to the community.
- This bill forces associations to function as debt collectors, compelling them to prepay legal and other expenses and then chase down payment.
- A limit will be placed on how much title companies pay associations for bills the association incurs, and if the actual costs are higher than this limit the members of the association must pay the difference.
- If a home in the community does not close, for any reason, the other members of the community face the costs for the failed transaction.
Sign this petition today to let the Florida Legislature know that homeowners in community associations across the state of Florida stand against these bills; https://www.change.org/p/vote-no-on-hb-203-and-sb-722.
To learn more about the Home Tax visit: http://www.smashthehometax.com/.
(Photo credit: http://www.smashthehometax.com/)